The United Methodist Church of Hyde Park has an opening for a Director of Youth Ministries. This is a paid part time position to lead our Junior and Senior High Youth groups. We are looking for someone with a strong Christian faith who is fun loving and can inspire our youth. If interested, please contact email@example.com.
United Methodist Church of Hyde Park
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES
Coordinate youth fellowship activities for both Junior High and Senior High grade ranges to promote Christian based values and learning for all youth. Recruit new members and encourage the growth of the membership in the Youth Group.
Must be of Christian faith and preferably Methodist/Wesleyan. A Background Check is required.
The position of Director of Youth Ministries shall include the following duties:
- Be a regular participant in worship and a witness to Christ as a positive role model and facilitator in the continuing spiritual development of the youth.
- Plan, develop and implement youth activities for youth in grades 6-12 of the Methodist Church of Hyde Park including but not exclusive to:
- Regularly Scheduled meeting
- Youth Retreats
- Spiritual Growth Retreats
- Mission Outreach
- Interdenominational Youth Events
This shall be accomplished with the cooperation of the families of youth, the youth themselves, and other interested adult leaders.
- Be a liaison to all activities involving the youth for the purpose of coordination.
- Be an active listener and confidant for youth desiring support. (Consultation with the Pastor as needed).
- Insure compliance to Safe Sanctuaries policy and music copyright laws.
- Participate in continuing education deemed appropriate by Staff-Parish Relations Committee and the Pastor.
- Propose and manage the budget designated for Youth programming.
- Regularly attend staff meetings, Education Commission meetings and the Church Council meetings.
- Function as an integral part of the church staff with active participation in the Pastor’s staff meetings as requested by the Pastor.
- 10 Hours a week
- Salary based on skills and experience ($15-$20 an hour)