Over the last decade, on most Monday evenings during the Fall and Spring "UMCHP" offers two hours of eating and studying. We start with a prepared meal, and you don't have to cook, at 6:00 PM. The meal cost is usually around $6 a person and is collected by "free will" offering baskets at each table. Give what you can to help us to keep providing this wonderful time of fellowship.
At 6:45 PM everyone helps to clean up the dining room.
At 7:00 PM classes start and run for about an hour. You do not have to come to the meal to take a course, nor do you have to go to a class to share in the meal-time, come either or both.
Here are the dates for the next session of Monday Night Lights:
We will offer 7 nights in the Fall, including registration (6 class sessions).
Please note that the listed evening agendas are for a default experience in the Fellowship Hall and not our traditional signup structure. If there are classes to signup for, they will be listed below.
Monday, February 13, 2023 - Information Night
Monday, April 17, 2023 - Last Class
- February 13, 2023-Introduction
- February 20, 2023-Presidents' Day- No Class
- February 27, 2023
- March 6, 2023
- March 13, 2023
- March 20, 2023
- March 27, 2023
- April 10, 2022
- April 17, 2022 - Last Class
April 17th END OF SEMESTER
--Register for a Class--
We currently have the following entries:
Doing Life with Your adult children
This is a continuation of the book study "Doing Life with Your Adult Children" by Jim Burns.
We will be making our own greeting cards using stamps and inks and colorful papers. You do not need any special skills to join us. Each week we will be making two cards that you will be able to take home and use. We will follow the same format as we did in the fall, however, new participants will be able to join in without difficulty.
Bible Study of Ruth and Esther
Rev. Arlene R. Wilhelm
Ruth and Esther both hold a place of honor and courage in Old Testament history and serve as examples for us today. Both women come from very different backgrounds and both are put in difficult situations that they come through successfully. Both take risks in order to save themselves, their loved ones, and others. Let's learn about them together.
We will be using the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible. (If you don't have one, the church library can supply you with one to borrow.
Lay Servant Ministries Basic Course
The Lay Servant Ministries Basic Course is an introductory course designed to equip new church leaders and renew current leaders in The United Methodist Church. It can be used with adults and youth and is the foundational course for other leadership training courses.
This course covers the 3 core categories of Lay Servant Ministries: Leading, Caring, and Communicating; it also emphasizes ministry in daily life and sharing faith stories.
Course is available in person or by ZOOM.
Course requires the purchase of the participant's guide:
OPTIONALLY: If you would like to be certified by Annual Conference:
To become a Certified Lay Servant, you must:
- Obtain recommendation from the pastor and the church council or charge conference of the local church or other United Methodist ministry in which you hold membership.
- Complete the Introduction to Lay Ministries: The BASIC Course."
- Complete an advanced Lay Servant Ministries course.
- Apply to and have qualifications reviewed by the district committee on Lay Servant Ministries or equivalent structure (see 668.3).
To maintain status as a Certified Lay Servant, you must:
- Submit an annual report and renewal application to the charge conference or church council and to the district committee on Lay Servant Ministries or equivalent structure, giving evidence of satisfactory performance as a certified lay servant.
- Obtain recommendation for renewal from the pastor and the church council or charge conference of the local church or other United Methodist ministry in which you hold membership.
- Complete a Lay Servant Ministries advanced course in the last three years.
Like to offer a class? Please click here.
Please be aware that submitting information on offering a class does not mean it will be offered. Your submission must be reviewed and approved for inclusion in the Monday Night Lights program.